5 Ways to staying productive at home
2020 has been a transformative year in the way we work and study. More than ever, we are spending more time in our homes and it is difficult to differentiate between your work life and home life. Therefore it is necessary to find the right balance between working, resting and playing. You will need to have strategies and methodologies to maintain productivity and enjoying your down time.
Here are some ways on how to stay productive working from home:
1. Have a specific workspace - Having a designated spot where you work can help you focus. If you can, avoid working on your bed. Because your body and mind associate the bed with sleep and you don't want to ruin your work and sleep routine.
2. Organise your time and stick to it - It's so easy to lose track of time when you are stuck in the one place. Set up a routine, regular reminders and alarms; break down tasks into time intervals and check off every task you completed. There is a great feeling when you are crossing out or checking off a completed task.
3. Take breaks and go outside - You will be amazed what a little bit of sun and fresh air can do to your body. Take regular breaks and if going outside is still not an easy option for you, then some spend time looking outside your window. Your mind and body will thank you!
4. Keep in touch with people - Loneliness, disconnection and isolation can be bad for your mental health. Use Zoom, Slack, Skype or any application that you prefer to connect with families, friends and co-workers. Most likely you are also helping them out by reaching out. Video call is a great option since it will also encourage you to clean up a bit.
5. Learn something new - It is an excellent opportunity to take up an online course or picking up a new indoor hobby. Many people are finding some extra times during the day because they no longer need to commute to work. There are endless resources of online courses, DIY projects and cooking videos that is waiting to be discovered.